Garrett Academy of Technology was well represented at the South Carolina SkillsUSA Competition held April 15 – 16 in Greenville, SC.
“We are very proud of all 16 students who attended and did extremely well”, said Ms. Roxann Phillips, SkillsUSA Adviser, Architecture & Design Teacher, and CTE Department Chair at Garrett Academy of Technology.
All 16 GAT students placed in their respective events as follows:
- 1st Place Extemporaneous Speaking Kwanasia Gaddist
- 1st Place Action Skills Dakota Cooper
- 2nd Place Collision Damage Estimating Jameek Rivers
- 2nd Place Engineering Design Michael Reynolds, Ke’Shawn Rollerson, Rebekah Simmons
- 3rd Place Mobile Robotics Technology Joshua Sandoval, Ty’Celia Young
- 5th Place Job Interview Tara Fields
- 6th Place Collision Repair Technology David James
- 7th Place Restaurant Service De’Quan Bradshaw
- 7th Place Action Skills Kanard Simmons
- 8th Place Related Technical Math Brianna Martin
- 10th Place Job Skill Demostration Kenisha Green
- 10th Place Automotive Refinishing Technology James Caldwell
- 11th Place Commercial Baking Kayla McNeil