Instructions for businesses willing to host educators for Career Shadowing Day on January 17, 2017.
As part of Charleston County School District’s Jan. 17, 2017 Professional Development Day, educators from all 86 schools are being invited to visit a local company to gain first hand insight on the wonderful careers available in our region.
- All visits will occur between 8am and 11:30am on January 17, 2017.
- Some visits will be shorter than others, and not require the whole 3.5 hours available.
- Educators will visit in groups of 2 or more
- An email will be sent January 12. 2017 to connect educators and their business hosts.
- All connections should be confirmed by educators and hosts as soon as possible.
- All communication after the initial connection email should be done via “Reply to All” emails.
Host businesses should plan to provide an overview of their products and services, and a facility tour.
Hosts should also be prepared to discuss employee recruitment and retention efforts as well as the most important skills needed for success in their industry. Any food and beverages offered for educators during their visit is up to each host location.
Placements will be aligned with the instructional area of the educators. For example, a piano store would be an ideal host for music teachers from throughout the district.
Please use the form below to offer educators the opportunity to visit your facility on January 17, 2017.
IF THE EMBEDDED FORM BELOW DOES NOT DISPLAY CORRECTLY, PLEASE USE THIS DIRECT LINK:
If any challenges with the online form persist, please email Chad Vail, firstname.lastname@example.org