Congratulations to the Wando FBLA team on their success at the Future Business Leaders of America State Competition held recently in in North Charleston.
Ms. Kaye Hinson and Mr. Julius Moor are the co-advisers of FBLA at Wando, and both were extremely proud of the team’s performance this year.
The following students placed first overall in the state and earned the opportunity to compete in the FBLA National Competition in Chicago!
Congratulations to the Wando HS, West Ashley HS and R. B. Stall HS DECA teams for earning Gold re-certification on the School Based Enterprises!
Wando DECA adviser Kirk Beilke said special recognition for their Gold Certification goes to 11th grader Kate Harper, 12th grader Cole Whitman, and 10th graders Riley-Grace Marshall and Catherine Ginn, along with the interns and volunteers who run the Warrior Shop each day. These students have been invited to the International DECA Conference to present highlights of this certification to other SBE representatives throughout the country.
R. B. Stall HS DECA adviser Mr. Wayne Reese said, “A profuse and capacious THANKS goes to our own Francis Manigault who stepped up and oversaw a 20 + page report on the store operations, sacrificing personal time to ensure the report was submitted by the deadline.”
- Julain Lopez Automotive Services Marketing
- Tyrell Russ Business Finance
- Ashley Suarez Hotel and Lodging Management
- Aaron Campbell Marketing Management
- Diah Slaton Marketing Management
The Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) chapter at Wando earned several awards at their recent state event:
- Emily Osmer – 2nd in Business Communications
- Rachel Foertsch -1st in Business Procedures
- Karley McWhorter – 2nd in Entrepreneurship
- MaggieRose Connell – 1st Marketing
- Keely Headrick – 1st Marketing