Charleston School of the Arts Students Complete Fall Internships
Mr. Bill Smyth gets to lead a very special class each semester at the Charleston County School of the Arts where students are connected with local business for internships.
His students are required to keep a weekly journal of their internship experiences, turn in time sheets detailing their hours worked, and have a supervisor review meeting at the end of the term. The students must also complete any specific assignments from their work site supervisor.
At the end of the internship, each student’s body of work is graded for an elective course grade on their transcript.
Special thanks to the following SOA internship hosts for the fall semester:
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Roper St. Francis Hospital
- Charleston Museum
- Charleston County Solicitor’s Office
- Center for Birds of Prey
- Hybrid Audio Solutions
- You42 / Kiz Studios
- Shear Reflections
- North Charleston Creative Arts Elementary School
- St. Andrew’s Math and Science Elementary School
- Reinvented Ladies Upscale Resale
- Charleston County Parks and Recreation
- The Post and Courier
- Hoppmann Creative
Thanks to each of these local organizations for their investment in SOA students!