October 17, 2017 – N. Charleston SC – Melissa Stowasser, Dean of School and Community Initiatives and at Trident Technical College organized a wonderful tour for the newest CCSD Career Specialists to learn about the many programs of study offered across multiple campuses.
Career Specialists got to see many amazing classrooms and educational labs first hand, including:
- The Wellness Center
- ReadySC’s Boeing SC Training Lab, where many Boeing SC employees begin their training
- Media Arts program classrooms & labs
- The Leaning Center, were TTC students can get tutoring and brush up on important English & Math skills
- The Nursing program classrooms & labs
- The Culinary Institute of Charleston classrooms & labs, including a fantastic lunch in Relish Restaurant
- The Industrial & Engineering Technology labs & classrooms, including HVAC, CNC, and Automotive Repair
Ms. Stowasser and her team also provided an informative overview of the nationally acclaimed Charleston Regional Apprenticeships Program.
The day long experience ended with the Career Specialists being joined by other CTE Support Team members and CTE Department Chairpersons from high schools throughout the district for a meeting in the Hospitality and Tourism classroom and lab space.
Thanks to Michael Carmel, Nathan Rex, Tanisha Hook, Ellen Kaufman, Theresa Hignutt, Melissa Stowasser, and SO MANY OTHERS that provided primary source info at each stop in the tour!
The day was truly wonderful from start to finish, but it is really just one of the many examples of the strong partnership between Trident Technical College and the local school districts. We have so much to be thankful for in the Charleston region!